I am a digital and content marketing strategist with more than 15 years’ experience building brands and audiences online.
I started my career in the legacy media of books and magazines, then made the transition to new media in 1997. As Executive Producer of NetGuide, one of the Web’s early general-audience sites, I helped create many of what are now considered “best practices” in website content, usability, and marketing — making the site one of the Web’s first profitable properties.
At nationally acclaimed APBnews.com, I produced content that was a finalist for the National Journalism Award for Web Reporting, then tripled the site’s unique visitors as the Director of Marketing and Online Strategies.
Since then, I have worked independently or with agencies to help for-profit and non-profit clients increase their online effectiveness. Here are the ones I like to brag about:
- I increased Evian Natural Spring Water site’s per-visit page views 13% and visit duration 28% directing the redesign in 2007 as the Account Director of Evian’s digital agency, Nurun.
- My Web strategy for the UN Millennium Campaign spurred a 400% increase in the site’s traffic and helped mobilize and document 23,542,614 participants in the Campaign’s 2006 “Stand Up” event, written as senior strategist at the UNMC’s digital agency, Evolve Strategies.
- I helped double the site traffic of NPR’s “JusticeTalking.org” and develop its Webby award-winning spin-off site JusticeLearning.org in partnership with The New York Times Learning Network in 2005.
- I organized and managed bloggers from around the world to cover the 2009 G20 Summit in Pittsburgh for Oxfam International’s G20 Voice.
- conduct qualitative research for MTV Network brands, such as AddictingGames.com, Shockwave.com, ParentsConnect.com, and NickJr.com.